Saturday, February 7, 2015





                                                                   Another Year
   

                    When I was born I had a heart defect and they said I wouldn't live 
                    to be 3 days old. God had different plans for me. I had open heart
                    surgery when I was 2 yrs. old, and again when I was 17. After that
                    surgery I had complications, and had to be in the hospital quite a 
                    bit. Had to have several procedures as well. 
                    Later they decided that a heart transplant would be a good thing for
                    me so I went on the transplant list and was only on it for 3 months
                    when I received the heart of a 15 year old girl. I was only 30 at the
                    time so I got a heart that was half my age.
                    I say all this to say that after almost 17 years with my new heart I am
                    so thankful that I am still alive today.
                    My birthday was on December 3rd and I turned 47. I have made it here
                    another year and I know it is because of God's grace and mercy that I 
                    am still here. He is the reason I am here, and the reason I live today.
                    Thank you Lord for another year.
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment